Definitions Private Trainers
Our highly-trained exercise specialists are our strongest assets and greatest investments. Each of our trainers shows up ready to rally, challenge, and support you — responding to what you bring to the mat each session but with a keen attention to your long-term goals. We listen to you and create a smart, customized training program designed to elevate daily life beyond your expectations. We are energized by the motto #TrainToLive.
Definitions trainers are sourced from the most respected Exercise Science programs in the country, and with either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. Each trainer completes 100 hours of mandatory in-house training that is heavily influenced by The American College of Sports Medicine, The National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), and Functional Movement Systems (FMS).
Just as our trainers bring extensive practical kinesthetic knowledge and are passionate about pushing the body and mind potential, our clientele runs the gamut of high-achieving individuals from senior management and entrepreneurs, to artists and celebrities. All share a common desire to be their absolute best.
A NOTE ABOUT COVID SAFETY
Our entire staff is fully vaccinated (and you should be too) and 100% committed to providing you with a safe, secure environment to workout in.
Become a Definitions Trainer
- Design an individualized, goal-oriented training session for each client, based on their fitness objectives and capabilities.
- Assess risk stratification, fitness goals, relative flexibility, body composition and complete a Functional Movement Screen.
- Modify training approach and protocol as each individual client progresses and their personal goals are met.
- Motivate clients to work to their maximum potential while ensuring proper form and technique, in every aspect of their workout.
- Provide physical and psychological assistance, while supporting and encouraging clients toward their fitness goals.
- Attendance of continuing education seminars in the field of fitness is required.
- Maintaining current principles and theories behind fitness, exercise, and basic rehabilitation techniques are a main component of our professional responsibility.
- Each personal trainer has a responsibility to be a leader in the field of exercise prescription.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Athletic Training or in a related field, IS THE MINIMUM DEGREE REQUIRED
- Current CPR Certification
- All new trainers must go through a 100-hour in-house orientation and training program for which they will receive paid compensation.
- A Master’s Degree in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Athletic Training is PREFERRED.
- At least one year of personal training experience.
- Accredited personal training certification
- ACSM EP-C (American College of Sports Medicine Certified Exercise Physiologist)
- NSCA-CSCS (National Strength and Conditioning Association, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist)
- Those who do not have either certification must attain both within the first two years of employment. Definitions prepares all of its trainers for the certification exams with study materials and pays for the exam fees.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time position only.
- This is NOT a sales driven position. Instead you are to focus on your expertise of health, wellness, and exercise.
- All the clients will be provided to you.
- Definitions compensates new trainers for non-training hours for the first three months until a client base has been developed.
- Compensation is based upon the type of degrees you possess and the number of certifications you have achieved.
- The opportunity to increase compensation is based upon performance.
- All promotions come from within the company.
Please send resume to: [email protected]