Careers at Definitions
Definitions Private Personal Training Gyms has been providing personal training services in intimate, high quality gyms since 1983. The company owns and operates two facilities in New York City, located at 19 Union Square West and 133 East 58th Street. Definitions employs approximately 25 personal trainers. We believe that our highly trained exercise specialists are our main assets. We invest in our trainers, enabling us to provide an unmatched quality of service and expertise. Our commitment to staying on the forefront of the field of fitness ensures we provide our clientele with the highest quality of personal service available in the marketplace today. We pride ourselves in providing smart and customized training which enables our clients to live their life beyond their expectations, following the motto #TRAINTOLIVE. Our trainers are high-achieving individuals who typically work with accomplished clientele such as senior management, entrepreneurs, artists, and celebrities.
- Design an individualized, goal-oriented training session for each client, based on their fitness objectives and capabilities.
- Assess risk stratification, fitness goals, relative flexibility, body composition and complete a Functional Movement Screen.
- Modify training approach and protocol as each individual client progresses and their personal goals are met.
- Motivate clients to work to their maximum potential while ensuring proper form and technique, in every aspect of their workout.
- Provide physical and psychological assistance, while supporting and encouraging clients toward their fitness goals.
- Attendance of continuing education seminars in the field of fitness is required.
- Maintaining current principles and theories behind fitness, exercise, and basic rehabilitation techniques are a main component of our professional responsibility.
- Each personal trainer has a responsibility to be a leader in the field of exercise prescription.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Athletic Training or in a related field, IS THE MINIMUM DEGREE REQUIRED
- Current CPR Certification
- All new trainers must go through a 100-hour in-house orientation and training program for which they will receive paid compensation.
- Current CPR Certification
- A Master’s Degree in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Athletic Training is PREFERRED.
- At least one year of personal training experience.
- Accredited personal training certification
- ACSM-EP (American College of Sports Medicine Exercise Physiologist)
- NSCA-CSCS (National Strength and Conditioning Association, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist)
- Those who do not have either certification must attain both within the first two years of employment. Definitions prepares all of its trainers for the certification exams with study materials and pays for the exam fees.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time position only.
- This is NOT a sales driven position. Instead you are to focus on your expertise of health, wellness, and exercise.
- All the clients will be provided to you.
- Definitions compensates new trainers for non-training hours for the first three months until a client base has been developed.
- Compensation is based upon the type of degrees you possess and the number of certifications you have achieved.
- The opportunity to increase compensation is based upon performance.
- All promotions come from within the company.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org